Nine Hints for Watching a Film Theologically
- What issues does the filmmaker select for emphasis?
- How does the film frame the problematic aspects of human existence?
- How does the film resonate with typical religious ways of framing the problematic aspect of human existence?
- Does the film offer new insight into this problematic?
- What kind of resolution does the film suggest?
- How does the film handle ambiguity?
- How does the resolution within the film compare with your religious understanding concerning resolution? What is the role of ambiguity for you?
- Is there an implicit or explicit spirituality within the film? If so, how is it expressed?
- Does the film challenge, contradict, or enlarge your views of the issues it presents?
Express your support for Process & FaitH