Process Summer Institute
This year’s Process Theology Summer Institute will take place June 4-8, 2018. Our intensive courses are designed to introduce basic issues in the theory and application of process theology. Participants may attend the Institute in person on the campus of Claremont School of Theology, or online in the comfort of their own homes. Broken down into distinct parts with different course facilitators, the Process Theology Summer Institute may be taken as a single 3 credit course, as individual 1 credit courses, or without credit directly from Process & Faith. Content for this year’s courses are still being arranged, so please check back here regularly for updates, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiries.
Courses: Join us in Claremont or Online!
For Academic Credit:
- Classes may be taken for 1 semester unit of academic credit or 1 advanced course of study credit through Claremont School of Theology at the posted tuition rate. Students who wish to take all three Summer Process Institute courses must register using the Summer Institute course number, and will not be allowed to register for the courses individually. Registered students should contact the Center for Process Studies for classroom information.
- Non-CST students may also take the course for credit. Please fill out and submit the Transient Student and Course Registration forms to the CST registrar at email@example.com. DEADLINE, MAY 29th.
- Classes are available in person or fully online.
- CST students who want credit, register through the CST registrar in consultation with your advisor.
For Personal Enrichment:
The entire week may be taken as personal enrichment for $300 payable to Process & Faith/CST, or each segment for $125. Please register below.
- I’m a CST student and I would like to take this class for credit. How do I do that?
CST students who want credit, register through the CST registrar in consultation with your advisor.
- I’m a graduate student at an accredited institution, and I would like to take this class for credit. How do I do that?
- I don’t know about this online thing! Can I come to Claremont?
Sure you can. We would very much enjoy having you join us, whether in person or online.
- If I come to Claremont and don’t live nearby, where can I stay?
Here is a list of local hotels.
- If I’m in Claremont, where can I go for lunch?
We have provided a map highlighting some places within the area. Click here to go to the page. Also, consider checking out the Claremont Village.
- Can I get CEUs for taking any of these classes?
Yes. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate you would like CEUs.
- Are online classes only offered in “real time?” Or if I miss an online class session, can I get a recording of the class session?
The online option is offered live, in real time. Each course session will be recorded for archival purposes, and may be available for viewing upon request.
- Do I need to read anything before class starts?
There are no assigned readings prior to the first class session. However, you are welcome to familiarize yourself with the resources of the Center for Process Studies.
- Is there homework?
Those taking the course for credit will be required to write a 10 page paper (or creative project equivalent) for each segment taken. Please consult your instructor directly for more information and to get approval on paper/project topics.